- Twenty-three drivers and eight staff members (plus one bus driver’s wife) participated in the Northeast Ohio School Bus Road-E-O on Saturday, May 4, 2013. Read more at >>.
- Mogadore, Cuyahoga Falls, Akron and Barberton schools have more in common than interconnecting county highways. Each community has a school district that buses fewer than one in four students and receives only a small fraction in state money to do so. Read more at >>.
- The Ohio State Highway Patrol inspectors approved the APS 89-bus fleet for the 2012-13 school year. This marks the 30th consecutive year that the buses passed inspection and received decals on the first scheduled inspection.
- At the Regional Bus Road-e-o on May 5, 2012, John Paugh won first place; and Cynthia Williams came in ninth. New driver Jacob Zuniga captured third place and was named Rookie of the Year. The APS team was given the Spirit Award and the award for best table decorations.
- Bus driver Nazaree Milan competed in the Akron Marathon as part of a Time Warner Cable relay team. She completed 6.3 miles in 1:03:26, and her team finished the relay in a time of 4:59:03.
- The Ohio State Highway Patrol inspectors approved the APS 88-bus fleet for the 2011-12 school year. This marks the 29th consecutive year that the buses passed inspection and received decals on the first scheduled inspection.
For more information about the Transportation Department, see the links below: