Applying for a refund of SERS/STRS contributinons for former employees

Before applying for a refund, an individual must be resigned from the Akron Board of Education; and the individual’s employee record must be inactive. Individuals applying for a refund from the School Employees Retirement System (SERS) may call or e-mail the payroll department and request an “Application for Refund." Individuals applying for a refund from the State Teachers Retirement System (STRS) may contact STRS at 888.227.7877 and request an “Application for Withdrawal” form. Complete the member's section of the form; and send the form for employer certification to the Payroll Office at the Akron Board of Education, 10 N. Main St., Akron, OH 44308.

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2020 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.