Step 1: Accept Your Offer
After accepting your offer, an APS HR Associate will contact you to finalize your paperwork and submit your transcripts and service records (if applicable). An email will be sent to the email address that is associated with your Applitrack application and will contain instructions on how to access and complete all of your onboarding and new hire forms.
An APS HR Associate will then assist you with scheduling an appointment for your required I9 Verification and criminal background check and how to get your APS Employee ID badge once the verification and background checks are complete. Please note: Your Employee ID badge will not be activated until you complete step 2.
Step 2: Register for Network Access/Employee ID Number Assigned
Once you complete and submit your onboarding forms, you will receive an email from APS Information Technology to activate your APS email and active directory account. This process will allow you access to the APS network systems, like email and the employee portal. Your APS Employee ID badge will not be activated until this step is complete (Tech Services Instructions).
Step 3: Sign Up For Benefits
New hires should enroll for benefits within the first 30 days of employment. If your position is eligible for the group health benefit program for APS employees, you will receive an email notification with a link and instructions to use the online benefit enrollment system. Your eligibility date for benefit coverage is determined by your date of hire. You can use this link to review the Benefit Guide for detailed information about the different benefit programs available to employees. If you would like to schedule a benefit review and enrollment consultation, please email APS_Benefits@apslearns.org.
Before your first day:
- reach out to your principal or department manager to determine your first week’s schedule.
- review your hours and days of work.
- learn about procedures for overtime, use of vacation, sick time, holidays and any flexible work procedures.
- complete any required pre-service training.
- set up your workspace and/or classroom, if possible.
- get a tour of your campus and/or workplace, if possible.
- What do I do if I have questions about logging in or using my APS issued device?
- What do I do if I lose my identification badge?
- What is the dress code?
- I was told that I needed to have a medical form completed as part of my new-hire onboarding process. How long do I have to get this step completed?
- I worked for a public employer before I came to APS. Can I transfer my unused sick days?
- What if my direct deposit banking information has changed since I completed my new hire paperwork?
- When am I eligible for group health benefit coverage?
- What is The Hub?
- What is AESOP?
- What is Munis Self Service (MSS)?