Akron After School
Akron After School is a nationally recognized program that provides math and reading support to academically at-risk children, as well as opportunities for exploring new activities and interests.
More than 2,500 students participate in weekly programs in 28 elementary schools.
What students do outside of school time has as much bearing on their success as what they do during the school day. High-quality, after-school programs benefit students in many ways:
- Receive personal attention from caring adults
- Explore new interests
- Receive academic support
- Develop a sense of self-efficacy
Akron After School offers:
- a safe place after school to spend time with friends and mentors.
- intervention in math and reading.
- a healthy after-school snack.
- meaningful and fun youth development.
- the chance to explore new interests, such as theater, dance, art and more.