Home Access Center
Akron Public Schools uses an online system, eSchoolPlus Home Access Center (HAC), to provide a wealth of information for parents. Click on the HAC button below to log in.
Features and Benefits of HAC
- Daily class schedule including room numbers, duration and teachers’ names
- Attendance (daily and yearly) including tardy, excused or unexcused absents and suspension data
- Classwork with assignments and grades
- Interim Progress Report
- Marking Period Report Card
- State and federal testing scores
- Demographic information as it is registered in our system
- Notes or attachments from classroom teachers
- Classwork calendar
- Ability to see more than one student at a time (parents only)
- Allows parents and students to actively monitor progress
Take a moment the first time you log in to click on the Registration Icon and verify that your contact information is correct. Please notify your school office of changes.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How doI get a username and password? Parents must have an e-mail address on file with the office to receive access and must be listed as the guardian. For the security of student account information, parents are asked to pick up their letters via the school office. A photo ID will be required. If a parent has more than one student in APS, only one letter is needed as all your students will be under your one username. Akron Public Schools is not responsible for lost or stolen account information that could lead to unauthorized access to sensitive student information. Please remember to secure your account information once you receive it. If you are a student, you receive a student username and password from your school. These usernames and passwords are good for the entire time a student is enrolled with Akron Public Schools until graduation.
2. How do I log in? To access HAC, go to https://homeaccess.akron.k12.oh.us.
Open the .pdf below for the HAC manual.
The following video provides an overview of HAC (coming soon).
3. How do I reset my password? On your first login, you will be prompted to set up challenge questions in the event you forget your password. A reset link is available to use. Also, once in the system, click “My Account” to change a password at any time.
4. Who should I contact if I have questions about progress or information I see on HAC? Please call or e-mail teachers at the school. Your building principal can assist as well, but often the teacher can answer questions as they pertain to your student’s progress.
Note: A student's classwork average may include assignment/test scores that are not visible due to the lag time between inputing scores and publishing those scores to the Home Access Center.
5. How do I know what grade a percent is? Below is a table of APS letter grades, percentage scales and quality points. Quality points help determine GPA calculations each quarter.
6. How do semester grades calculate for secondary students? Use this link to calculate semester grades.
Note: Teachers may change final marks to something other than the calculated mark based on factors related to performance and knowledge attainment. Contact your student’s schools or teachers to clarify final marks if you have questions.